In our community - and perhaps right down the block - there are neighbors in need.
We know they are hardworking, well-meaning and proud – yet cannot make ends meet in such a challenging economy.
In order to qualify for TAPIN’s help – whether it’s food, transportation or clothing – you must make your home in Barrington, Bristol, Warren or East Providence Rhode Island. We require proof in the form of a photo ID, as well as a document that shows your current address (like a driver’s license, a pay stub, a lease, or a bill).
The help we offer includes, but isn’t limited to:
Individuals or families may receive food once per month. Each bag includes:
- 1 can of Baked Beans
- 1 can of Pasta
- 1 box of Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 jar of Peanut Butter
- 1 can of Tomatoes
- 1 can/jar of Spaghetti Sauce (or equivalent)
- 1 can of Tuna Fish
- 1 can of Fruit
- 1 can of Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 can of Green Beans
- 1 can of Corn
- 1 box of Pasta
- 1 box of Cereal
- Instant Potatoes, Rice or Stuffing
- 1 can of Misc. Vegitables (mixed, carrots, peas, etc.)
- 1 can of Misc. Protein (stew, canned chicken, etc.)
- Other items may be available. Selections vary.
- Seasonal Clothing – up to size 18
- New socks and underwear semi-annually
- Boots and shoes
East Bay area and some locations in Providence, Pawtucket, Seekonk and Fall River
- If possible, please provide 7 days notice for transportation requests.
- Medical transportation includes rides to dental and physical therapy appointments
- Rides are subject to volunteer driver availability
- Linens-sheets (all sizes)
- Blankets (all sizes)
- Comforters (all sizes)
- Towels – kitchen and bath
- Infant Equipment – strollers, gates, etc.
- Kitchenware – dishes, silverware, glasses, etc.
- Small appliances
Items which may be accepted at TAPIN:
- Small appliances
- Non-upholstered chairs
- Small tables
- Small bookshelves
- Children’s equipment (no cribs)
- DVD players
- Flat Screen TVs
Items which clients would pick up from the donor’s home
- Major appliances
- Beds (including box springs and mattresses)
TAPIN will coordinate with donors. We offer this service ONLY on Wednesdays between 10AM – 12PM.
Thanksgiving and December Holiday Programs for current clients